Accelerated Polishing Machine is used to produce polished stone samples of aggregates used in road surfaces to stimulate actual road conditions. Increased traffic flow and higher speeds, together with concerns about road safety led to research into the relationship between road materials and skid-resistance.
Features of Accelerated Polishing Machine
- High ground steel main spindle running in precision sealed ball bearings additionally protected by a labyrinth seal spindle axially loaded to eliminate end play.
- Adjustable 3 phase motor speed control with adjustable timing belt drive, reducing power consumption and improves control.
- Inverter drive to motor for precise speed control
- Digital display preset timer and revolution counter.
- Robust welded steel mainframe, standing on adjustable pads
- Water gravity fed from high level tank through calibrated flow meter.
- Used abrasive and water collected in easily removable tray.
- Protection by covers and guards may be easily removed for maintenance.
- ASTM option with pneumatic wheel.